Saturday, April 12, 2014

Easter Chicks


The new two-week challenge starts today at Sugar Creek Hollow and this time it is appropriately called EASTER.  We want to see vintage or shabby chic projects that depict Easter.

We have a talented Guest Designer joining us for this challenge.  Her name is Nicola but you probably know her as Paper Profusion.  Please make her feel welcome and head over to her blog to see her wonderful creations.

I made a little card after I found this adorable vintage Easter postcard online at Mambeenoe.  Don't you just love their Easter bonnets? 

I started with some white card stock from Staples for my blank and then added some paper from a pad called Picadilly by Basic Grey that I distressed with my scissors and then inked with some Frayed Burlap Distress Ink by Ranger.  A coordinating paper from the same pad was embossed with a Cuttlebug embossing folder called Victoria and inked with more Frayed Burlap.

Next I added some lace and a strand of pearls from my stash.  After distressing and inking the image, I mounted it on some white crepe paper that came from Dollarama.  The pearl flourishes are also from Dollarama and the large oval crystal gem is from a David Tutera bridal collection that I got on clearance at Michaels.

The flower is made of a large flower by Recollections, a ribbon flower that I made with organza from Arton Bead Supply and a white rose from Wild Orchid Crafts.

I am going to enter this card in the following challenges:

Crafty Ribbons  - Flower Power
Cute Card Thursday - Easter
It's All About The Vintage - Shabby Chic
Fairies Challenges  - Shabby Chic or Vintage
Penny's Paper Crafty - Flower Power
Going Grey with Scrap Creations - Easter
Artistic Inspirations -Easter Animal/ Anything Goes
Card Mania  - Easter
Lexi's Creations - Easter
Victorine - Easter

12 comments:

  1. Loving these little chicks in their bonnets. The crepe paper frame is too cute. This is the first time I saw it and I am wowed. Happy Easter Cec.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww...This is such a sweet and cute card! Love the vintage image and the pearls... such gorgeous elements! Thanks for joining my challenge over at It's All About The Vintage & Beauty Challenge! Good Luck! Hugs and sunshine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Cec, love the sweet main image of the Easter chicks.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep scrolling back to look at all the lovely details in your card, Cec! And the little chicks are adorable; I love that kind of vintage image!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is super nice wawww ♥

    Thanks for joining us at It’s all about the vintage and beauty♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is so delightful Cec. The little chicks are adorable and the embellishments are so pretty with the image.
    Amelia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning card, love the image, flower and lace!!! Thank you for play with us at Artistic Inspiration this week, hope to see you again soon, Hugs Kate DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a stunning card
    Thanks for joining in this week at Pennys Paper Crafty Challenge
    Hugs katie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute image and love the large flower made from three smaller ones. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ribbons for our Flower Power challenge.
    hugs
    Dawn DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. it is a very nice and shabby chic creation.
    thanks for sharing with us It´s all about the Vintage and good luck.

    lg. meggi

    ReplyDelete
  11. A very sweet Easter card Cec. We share a love for the same crafts, I too adore cross stitch. My favorite is sewing on linen. Mirabilia patterns are my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute ! Thanks for joining Vintage and Beauty -challenge :D

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think about my work, so please leave me a comment.

Thanks!
Cec